These are perfect for a Sunday morning, especially when you have bananas that are ripening.
2 tbsp All-Vegetable Shortening
1/4 cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 cup Quaker Natural Wheat Bran
1/3 cup Milk
2 cups Bananas, sliced
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
- Cream the shortening in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Once combined, beat in large egg.
- Add in Wheat bran and milk and let sit for a few minutes.
- Once moist, slice bananas thinly and add to bran mixture and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and put into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 365 C, or until a toothpick is removed from the middle of the muffin without anything sticking to it.
Nutritional Facts when baking 12 muffins